Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Giver ~ Journal Responce

For today's blog post I have to write a journal response on the book: 'The Giver' which I am reading now. The question I am answering is ..:

Would you want your future to be decided by others ? Why or Why not?

My answer is no. I choose no because I want my future to be the way it will happen, I don't want it all planned out for me. I, for example, want to choose my own job. I want to study what I think is fun, and I don't want to randomly be assigned to a job. I also want to be who I am and not have a planned life ahead of me. I want my life to be fun and unexpected things to happen so it will be more interesting. I personally think that if I would live in Jonas' community, I would be bored. Because if your life is 'perfect' , nothing unexpected happens and it's just, well, boring. That's my opinion though.. ;]

So since this blog is supposed to be 3 paragraphs long, I have to write some more. Contributing to the story, I think I wouldn't want to live in Jonas' community. Lets face it: nothing is perfect. Not you, me, life and not even Jonas' community. Because I think Jonas' community is quite unfair. It would take a long time for my to get used to his community. But if I lived in that community all my life and suddenly changed to this world, I would think this place is horrible. It's just a case of what you think is a nice place to live and what not. I do think that Jonas' community is organized and has a good system, but not for me. I'll stay here, where I am right now! (:

Thanks for checking my blog out ;)

1 comment:

  1. Megan, your opinion was strong by writing many descriptions to support your idea. Your response contained your powerful opinion and examples from the book which is a great thing. However, you should try to write right amount of the paragraphs although you can't. If you put more effort to your writings, i think it will be very nice.

    P.S.
    I don't agree that they choose people's job randomly in the first paragraph. because they study about the every people's personality and interest for almost over 10 years for assigning the best job of them.

    ReplyDelete